Cortizone-10 Quick Shot
- [ topical spray ]
- Dose: apply prn; Max: 4x/day
- [active ingredients]
- hydrocortisone 1%
- hypersens. to drug/class/compon.
- caution if skin infection
- caution in pediatric pts
Drug Interactions .
No significant interactions known or found for this OTC. Caution always advised with multiple medications.
Adverse Reactions .
- HPA axis suppression
- Cushing syndrome
- intracranial HTN (peds pts)
- acneiform dermatitis
- perioral dermatitis
- allergic contact dermatitis
- secondary infection
- skin atrophy
Lactation: [Probably Safe]
Metabolism: liver primarily; CYP450: unknown; Info: systemic absorption varies w/ application area and site, occlusion, and pt-specific factors
Excretion: urine; Half-life: 8-12h (biological)
Mechanism of Action: exact mechanism of anti-inflammatory action unknown; inhibits multiple inflammatory cytokines; produces multiple glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid effects
Manufacturer: Chattem, Inc.
Approximate Retail Price
This information is currently not available for this OTC.
Search for Alternative Products by:
- Other OTCs w/ Same Active Ingredient(s)
- Aveeno Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream: topical cream
- Cortaid Advanced: topical cream
- Cortaid Intensive Therapy: topical spray
- Cortaid Maximum Strength: topical cream
- Cortizone-10: topical cream; topical gel; topical ointment; topical solution
- Cortizone-10 Hydratensive: topical lotion
- Cortizone-10 Intensive Healing: topical cream
- Cortizone-10 Intensive Healing Eczema: topical lotion
- Cortizone-10 Plus: topical cream
- Cortizone-10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads: topical gel
- Monistat Complete Care Itch Relief Cream: topical cream
- Neosporin Eczema Essentials Anti-itch Cream: topical cream
- Preparation H Anti-Itch Cream: topical cream
- Same Subclass
- Corticosteroids, Topical VII: Lowest Potency