- [ oral tablet ]
- Dose: 2 tabs PO tid prn; Max: 6 tabs/24h; Info: give after meals
- [ adjust dose frequency ]
- CrCl 50-80: give q12-16h; CrCl <50: contraindicated
- [ see below ]
- severe hepatitis: contraindicated
- [active ingredients per tab]
- phenazopyridine 99.5 mg
- hypersens. to drug/class/compon.
- severe hepatitis
- pyelonephritis during pregnancy
- renal impairment
Drug Interactions .
No significant interactions known or found for this OTC. Caution always advised with multiple medications.
Adverse Reactions .
- anaphylactoid rxn
- urine discoloration
- contact lens staining
Lactation: [Safety Unknown]
Metabolism: liver; CYP450: unknown; Info: active metabolite (acetaminophen)
Excretion: urine (65% unchanged); Half-life: unknown
Subclass: Other Genitourinary
Mechanism of Action: produces topical analgesia
Approximate Retail Price
This information is currently not available for this OTC.