carbamide peroxide oropharyngeal
oral wound cleansing
- [ >2 yo ]
- Dose: apply to affected area prn; Alt: place 10-20 gtt on tongue, mix w/ saliva, swish; Max: 4x/day; Info: leave in place x2-3min, then spit
- [ >2 yo ]
- Dose: place 10-20 gtt on tongue, mix w/ saliva, swish; Alt: apply to toothbrush w/toothpaste, brush as usual; Info: leave in place or brush x2-3min, then spit
- [active ingredients]
- carbamide peroxide 10%
- hypersens. to drug/class/compon.
Drug Interactions .
carbamide peroxide topical
No significant interactions known or found for this OTC. Caution always advised with multiple medications.
Adverse Reactions .
- superinfection (prolonged use)
- delayed wound healing (prolonged use)
- local irritation
- tooth sensitivity
Metabolism: tissue catalase and peroxidases; CYP450: none; Info: minimal systemic absorption
Excretion: unknown; Half-life: unknown
Subclass: Mucositis/Stomatitis/Oral Wounds
Mechanism of Action: oxygen release produces effervescent cleansing, wound debridement, and weak antibacterial effect
Manufacturer: Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc.
Approximate Retail Price
This information is currently not available for this OTC.