- [ topical patch ]
- Dose: apply tid-qid; Info: avoid use on damaged, broken, or irritated skin; avoid occlusive dressings or heat
- [active ingredients]
- capsaicin 0.025%
- hypersens. to drug/class/compon.
Drug Interactions .
No significant interactions known or found for this OTC. Caution always advised with multiple medications.
Adverse Reactions .
- burns, severe
- thermal hyperalgesia
Lactation: [Safety Unknown]
Metabolism: unknown; CYP450: none; Info: minimal systemic absorption
Excretion: unknown; Half-life: unknown
Subclass: Analgesics, Local
Mechanism of Action: exact mechanism of action unknown; selectively binds nerve membrane TRPV1 receptors, initially stimulates then desensitizes and degenerates cutaneous nociceptive neurons; substance P depletion may also reduce pain impulse transmission to the CNS
Approximate Retail Price
This information is currently not available for this OTC.
Search for Alternative Products by:
- Other OTCs w/ Same Active Ingredient(s)
- Capzasin No-Mess: topical solution
- Capzasin-HP: topical cream
- Capzasin-P: topical cream
- WellPatch Capsaicin Pain Relief: topical patch
- Zostrix: topical cream
- Zostrix Diabetic Foot Pain Relief: topical cream
- Zostrix Foot Pain Relief: topical cream
- Zostrix-HP: topical cream
- Same Subclass
- Analgesics, Local