Adult Dosing .
Dosage forms: 0.33% gel
persistent facial erythema, rosacea-assoc.
- [apply qd]
- Info: avoid contact w/ eyes, lips
Peds Dosing .
Peds dosing is currently unavailable or not applicable for this drug.
- hypersens. to drug/class/compon.
- caution if depression
- caution if cerebrovascular dz
- caution if CAD
- caution if cardiovascular dz, severe
- caution if orthostatic hypotension
- caution if thromboangiitis obliterans
- caution if Raynaud phenomenon
- caution if scleroderma
- caution if Sjogren syndrome
Drug Interactions .
No significant interactions known or found for this drug. Caution always advised with multiple medications.
Adverse Reactions .
- may occur but none reported
- burning sensation
- allergic contact dermatitis
Lactation: Safety Unknown
no routine tests recommended
Metabolism: liver primarily; CYP450: unknown; Info: some systemic absorption
Excretion: urine; Half-life: 3h
Mechanism of Action
stimulates alpha-2 adrenergic receptors, may reduce erythema through direct vasoconstriction
Manufacturer: Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
Approximate Retail Price
This information is currently not available for this drug.
Join Now to View Patient Handouts!
Create a FREE Epocrates Online account to access patient medication instructions. Your patients and caregivers will appreciate you printing these friendly handouts, available in English and Spanish. Each handout addresses common concerns such as how to take the medication, and possible side effects.
Current Members: Sign In.