Select a medication above to begin.
Adult Dosing .
Dosage forms: 0.5,1,2
- [uses, dosing may vary]
- Info: refer to institution protocols and pkg insert prior to prescribing for uses and dosing incl. toxicity-related dose adjustments
melanoma, metastatic or unresectable
- [2 mg PO qd]
- Info: for pts w/ BRAF V600E or V600K mutation; use as monotherapy or w/ dabrafenib; give at least 1h before or 2h after meals
- [see below]
- mild-mod impairment: no adjustment; severe impairment: not defined
- [see below]
- mild impairment: no adjustment; mod-severe impairment: not defined
Peds Dosing .
Peds dosing is currently unavailable or not applicable for this drug.
- hypersens. to drug/class/compon.
Drug Interactions .
- cardiotoxic effects
- tyrosine kinase effects
- ado-trastuzumab emtansine
Adverse Reactions .
- HTN, severe
- interstitial lung dz
- retinal vein occlusion
- skin toxicity, severe
- renal failure
- ALT, AST incr.
- alk phos incr.
- acneiform dermatitis
- abdominal pain
- vision changes
- hand-foot syndrome
- dry eyes
- retinal pigment epithelium detachment
Lactation: Safety Unknown
use effective contraception during tx and x4mo after D/C in women of child-bearing potential
LVEF at baseline, 1mo after tx start, then q2-3mo; ophthal. exam w/in 24h if change or loss of vision; dermatologic exams
Metabolism: deacetylation primarily; CYP450: unknown
Excretion: feces >80%, urine <20%; Half-life: 3.9-4.8 days
Subclass: Kinase Inhibitors
Mechanism of Action
inhibits mitogen-activated extracellular kinase (MEK) 1 and 2, disrupting the MAP kinase tumor cell proliferation pathway
Approximate Retail Price
This information is currently not available for this drug.
Join Now to View Patient Handouts!
Create a FREE Epocrates Online account to access patient medication instructions. Your patients and caregivers will appreciate you printing these friendly handouts, available in English and Spanish. Each handout addresses common concerns such as how to take the medication, and possible side effects.
Current Members: Sign In.