Select a medication above to begin.
Adult Dosing .
Dosage forms: 400 units/3.5 mg/10,000 units/1%/g oint
- [apply in eye(s) q3-4h]
- Info: for ocular inflammation w/ superficial bacterial infection or risk; taper dose gradually to D/C if long-term use
Peds Dosing .
Peds dosing is currently unavailable or not applicable for this drug.
- hypersens. to drug/class/compon.
- ocular viral infection
- ocular fungal infection
- ocular mycobacterial infection
- avoid abrupt withdrawal (long-term use)
- caution if glaucoma
- caution if corneal or scleral thinning
Drug Interactions .
- local ocular corticosteroid effects
polymyxin B ophthalmic
- bromfenac ophthalmic
- diclofenac ophthalmic
- flurbiprofen ophthalmic
- ketorolac ophthalmic
- nepafenac ophthalmic
Adverse Reactions .
- secondary ocular infection
- intraocular HTN
- ocular nerve damage
- ocular wound healing delay
- ocular irritation
- ocular hypersensitivity rxn
- ocular infection
Metabolism: see individual drugs
Excretion: see individual drugs
Mechanism of Action
see individual drugs
Approximate Retail Price
This information is currently not available for this drug.
Join Now to View Patient Handouts!
Create a FREE Epocrates Online account to access patient medication instructions. Your patients and caregivers will appreciate you printing these friendly handouts, available in English and Spanish. Each handout addresses common concerns such as how to take the medication, and possible side effects.
Current Members: Sign In.