Select a medication above to begin.
Adult Dosing .
Dosage forms: 0.025,0.0375,0.05,0.075,0.1% crm
- [apply qhs]
Peds Dosing .
- Dosage forms: 0.025,0.0375,0.05,0.075,0.1% crm
- [>12 yo]
- Dose: apply qhs
- hypersens. to drug/class/compon.
- caution if hypersens. to fish
- caution if sunburn
- caution if photosensitivity
- caution if eczema
- caution if concurrent skin irritants or drying agents
Drug Interactions .
- skin irritant/drying agent
- benzoyl peroxide topical
- sulfur topical
- tazarotene topical
- adapalene topical
- methoxsalen topical
Adverse Reactions .
- skin rxn, severe
Lactation: Safety Unknown
no routine tests recommended
Look/Sound-Alike Drug Names
tretinoin confused with: Tenormin; triamcinolone acetonide
Metabolism: unknown; CYP450: unknown
Excretion: unknown; Half-life: unknown
Subclass: Acne, Topical
Mechanism of Action
exact mechanism of action unknown; binds to retinoic acid receptors, stimulating epithelial cell turnover (retinoid)
Manufacturer: Onset Dermatologics, LLC
Approximate Retail Price
- 0.038 % (1 tube of crm, 35g): $257.90
- 0.025 % (1 kit, 35g crm): $253.99
- 0.05 % (1 kit, 35g crm): $283.99
- 0.1 % (1 kit, 35g gel): $237.99
Join Now to View Patient Handouts!
Create a FREE Epocrates Online account to access patient medication instructions. Your patients and caregivers will appreciate you printing these friendly handouts, available in English and Spanish. Each handout addresses common concerns such as how to take the medication, and possible side effects.
Current Members: Sign In.