Adult Dosing .
Dosage forms: IV
Restricted Distribution in US
- [1-866-228-3546 or www.veletri.com for more info]
pulmonary arterial HTN
- [individualize dose IV]
- Start: 2 ng/kg/min IV, may incr. by 2 ng/kg/min IV no more frequently than q15min; Info: if sx persist or recur after initial improvement, incr. dose by 1-2 ng/kg/min IV no more frequently than q15min; taper dose gradually to D/C
- [not defined]
- [not defined]
Peds Dosing .
Peds dosing is currently unavailable or not applicable for this drug.
- hypersens. to drug/class/compon.
- severe left ventricular dysfxn
- pulmonary veno-occlusive dz
- avoid abrupt withdrawal
- caution if hypotension
- caution if bleeding risk
Drug Interactions .
- iloprost inhaled
- selegiline transdermal
- treprostinil inhaled
Adverse Reactions .
- hypotension, severe
- pulmonary edema
- rebound pulmonary HTN if abrupt D/C
- jaw pain
- influenza-like sx
- abdominal pain
Lactation: Safety Unknown
standing/supine BP, HR closely for several hours after dose adjustment
Metabolism: hydrolysis, enzymatic degradation; CYP450: unknown
Excretion: urine 82%, feces 4%; Half-life: 6min
Subclass: Pulmonary Arterial HTN
Mechanism of Action
dilates pulmonary and systemic vessels, inhibits platelet aggregation, and inhibits smooth muscle cell proliferation
Manufacturer: Actelion Pharmaceuticals US, Inc.
Approximate Retail Price
This information is currently not available for this drug.
Join Now to View Patient Handouts!
Create a FREE Epocrates Online account to access patient medication instructions. Your patients and caregivers will appreciate you printing these friendly handouts, available in English and Spanish. Each handout addresses common concerns such as how to take the medication, and possible side effects.
Current Members: Sign In.