Adult Dosing .
Dosage forms: IV
- [uses, dosing may vary]
- Info: refer to institution protocols and pkg insert prior to prescribing for uses, premeds, and dosing incl. toxicity-related dose adjustments
- [3-day regimen]
- Dose: 15 mg/m^2 IV q8h on days 1-3 of 42-day cycle; Info: give for at least 4 cycles
- [5-day regimen]
- Dose: 20 mg/m^2 IV x1 on days 1-5 of 28-day cycle; Info: give for at least 4 cycles
- [not defined]
- renal impairment: caution advised
- [not defined]
- hepatic impairment: caution advised
Peds Dosing .
Peds dosing is currently unavailable or not applicable for this drug.
- hypersens. to drug/class/compon.
- active infection
- caution if renal impairment
- caution if hepatic impairment
Drug Interactions .
- immuno-myelosuppressive chemo
- adenovirus vaccine, live
- BCG live intravesical
- influenza nasal vaccine, live
- measles/mumps/rubella vaccine, live
- rotavirus vaccine, live
- smallpox vaccine (live vaccinia virus)
- typhoid vaccine, live
- varicella vaccine, live
- yellow fever vaccine, live
- zoster vaccine, live
- radium Ra 223 dichloride
- interferon alfacon-1
- interferon beta 1a
- mycophenolate mofetil
- mycophenolic acid
- anthrax vaccine
- diphtheria/tetanus and/or pertussis vaccine
- Haemophilus b conjugate vaccine
- hepatitis A vaccine
- hepatitis B vaccine
- human papillomavirus vaccine
- influenza H5N1 vaccine (avian flu)
- influenza vaccine
- Japanese encephalitis vaccine
- meningococcal vaccine
- pneumococcal vaccine
- poliovirus vaccine
- rabies vaccine
- typhoid vi polysaccharide vaccine
Adverse Reactions .
- febrile neutropenia
- intracranial hemorrhage
- infection, serious
- peripheral edema
- limb pain
- back pain
- cardiac murmur
- appetite decr.
- others: see pkg insert
Lactation: Safety Unknown
use effective contraception during tx and x1mo after D/C in women of childbearing potential; use effective contraception during tx and x2mo after D/C in men w/ partners of childbearing potential
Cr, LFTs at baseline; CBC, Plt at least prior to each cycle
Metabolism: deamination in liver, gut, granulocytes, blood; CYP450: none
Excretion: unknown; Half-life: 30min
Mechanism of Action
induces DNA hypomethylation, restoring normal tumor suppressor gene fxn and control of cellular differentiation and proliferation
Approximate Retail Price
This information is currently not available for this drug.
Join Now to View Patient Handouts!
Create a FREE Epocrates Online account to access patient medication instructions. Your patients and caregivers will appreciate you printing these friendly handouts, available in English and Spanish. Each handout addresses common concerns such as how to take the medication, and possible side effects.
Current Members: Sign In.